Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Summer Bug

Well, we survived our second sickness here in triplet land. I am so grateful since it has been almost 2 years with only a couple of mild colds. A few weeks ago Cory started acting really pitiful and crying non stop all day. He had a mild fever for about a day. I got him in to the pediatrician a few days later to find out it was a viral sore throat. He didn't want to eat or drink anything - understandably. I finally got him to drink some juice before we had to make a trip to the ER for dehydration. His personality makes it really tough when he is sick. He cries all the time and holding him doesn't help at all. He just squirms all over the place. He is not a cuddler at all! The next day he started feeling better, just as Kelen and Ella starting getting a fever. Oh no...but fortunately they never really acted that sick, or as sick as Cory anyway. Kevin took a day of vacation to help me out. Let me just say, taking care of triplets is NOTHING compared to taking care of sick triplets! I was worn out! My parents came up to help a few days later, thank goodness! And wouldn't you know it, the day they left I got a fever with aches and pains and the sore throat. Ugh! What timing! Anyway, as far as sickness goes I should be thankful at how mild this was - no puking, diarrhea, waking up at night. I know I will have to experience it eventually, but I am really dreading it.

Here is a really sweet picture. This is what I found when I got home from taking Cory to the doctor. Sherry and her girls were nice enough to run over last minute to watch Kelen and Ella for me. The girls love holding the "babies". And Kelen and Ella were starting to feel a little sick and they were overdue for naps, so this is the result. Too cute! Thanks Sophie and Sarah!