Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Kelen, Ella, and Cory!!!!

I can't believe my babies aren't babies anymore! As of 3:56pm today they are a year old. They are the most healthy, happy, beautiful babies we could have ever hoped for. A year ago today was the most stressful, emotional, scary, yet happy day of our lives. I remember the doctor telling us that she was going to have to deliver me because labor was continuing to progress despite their best efforts to stop it. I was so scared for my babies and totally unprepared to deliver 3 months early. We didn't even have names for them yet! I remember hearing their tiny weak cries and seeing each of them briefly before they wisked them away to the NICU at Children's Hospital. The whole experience was so surreal. I went from no children to 3 in a matter of minutes. The following three months that they spent in the hospital was the hardest time of our lives. There were times that we were not sure we would bring home 3 babies. It seemed like it was one problem after another, but they made it through all of them (thanks to the outstanding care at St Louis Children's Hospital). And now you would never know they were preemies! We are so blessed!

The birthday party turned out great! Thanks to both grandparents for all of their help and for all of our great friends who came to celebrate with us! This week I will post pictures from the party and more on how the triplets are doing now a year later....weights, then and now pics, and other fun details. Stay tuned........