Sunday, January 4, 2009

Emma Irene Rowland

August 30, 1914 - January 2, 2009


1992?

My grandmother passed away a few days ago at 94. She had a stroke the day before Thanksgiving and never really recovered. I am comforted by the fact that she is no longer in any pain. I am however very sad that she never got to meet the triplets. I sent her many pictures to keep her updated.

I think everyone would say that she lived a very full life and I hope she felt that too. I sat down and tried to count all of her grandchildren and was surprised at how big our family had gotten.(I'm not even sure I got everyone!)
  • Children: 4
  • Grandchildren: 11
  • Great-grandchildren: 22
  • Great-great-grandchildren: 11

Grandma and me at Easter 1982?

I have so many memories of her over the years. I spent many summer days with her. I would pack my little suitcase and spend the night with her often (she only live about 2 miles from our house). I remember that she loved to make root beer floats for me and also popcorn and french fries. I will share these memories with my children someday. I love you Grandma.

She looked great at our wedding in 2005. 93rd Birthday Party (She turned the candles around to say 39!)